Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm still alive and kicking.

I can't believe it's been over two weeks since I've posted.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long, really.  First I went on our annual Greater St. Louis Shop Hop. It is held over a 4 day period because the shops are in Missouri and Illinois. I think we drove about 350 total to do them all.  I took 2 days to complete all the shops.  It was lots of fun, but  I didn't win any of the prizes. Some fabric came home with me though.
Then I attended an all day long arm meeting with award winning quilter Linda Mae Diny of Calico Kitten.  She taught from her book "Circular Quilting" which shows ways to use circle templates. It is amazing how many different designs can be made from the simple circle template. The afternoon class covered many different rulers and border treatments.  I learned a lot, now to find time to practice what I learned.
From Linda H

The other activity that has kept my nose to the grindstone is our Quilts of Valor goal of 100 quilts by the end of June.   As I mentioned in an earlier, we are still working on getting 100 quilts ready by the end of June or early July for some returning Missouri troops.  I've been doing a lot of quilting plus making and sewing on bindings.   In addition to the pictures on the earlier post, here are a few more quilt tops that came in.
from Debbie S.












From Linda H.
Now that I can see we are doing great in the quilt drive -- we have 70 ready to go, and two months left to get to 100, I'm heading to Paducah next week.  I'll be there for 4 days this year.  Anyone else going?


5 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful use of fabric and the BQ block in that eagle quilt. Have fun at Paducah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still got my fingers crossed that you will win our quilt guild quilt. Will you come to Jefferson City for the show? It's June 1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be dropping off about 80 quilts in KC May 1st for Quilts of Valor. I'll be traveling back thru Missouri, from Tulsa, the next week, on I44. I'll be near you then. Good luck in reaching your goal of 100.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty QOV tops! Are you taking classes in Paducah, going to lectures? I hope to get there on Saturday even though our numbers are down to 3 from 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be going to Paducah as well! I am almost done with my donation for your QOV efforts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.