Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stash Report -#4 and More

This was a great week in the sewing room for me.  I finished piecing the Soul Searching top and pieced the backing to it as well.  That was almost like piecing a top, but it was so much fun using up all that leftover fabric from the top.  I also made two pillowcases to match the Retro Tulips quilt that I finished earlier.

Soul Searching - 72" x 84"

 I used up lots of my leftover black and whites for the back.  I even threw in a couple blocks that I found hiding in a box from Not So Easy Street too.  That makes me feel good to use orphan blocks that way.
Soul Searching backing

Stash Report -Week #4
Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 0

Fabric Used this week - 16.5 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 23.41 yds
Net used in 2016 - 23.41

Check out more fabric reports at Judy's Patchwork Times

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Stash Report - Week#3-2016

This week I finished making a colorful rod sleeve for the back of "Not So Easy Street" in preparation for our upcoming quilt show in March.  I just need to make the label and apply it and it will be all done. There are still 2 more labels to make and one more quilt to finish quilting and binding and I should be ready.

I decided to use more of my leftover scraps to piece together the sleeve.  It took a little more time, but since the backing was all pieced from scraps too, I though it was fitting.  Here's what it looks like laying on the edge of my dining room table.  It doesn't look like almost 100 inches does it, but I assure you it seemed like 300 inches. This brought my totals up a tiny bit in the used column.

Stash Report  - Week 3
Fabric Used - .,875 yds  
Fabric Added - 0 yds
YTD Used  - 6.917 yds
YTD Added -  0 yds   
Net Stash Used - 6.917 yds

I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times report today. 

Friday, January 15, 2016

On The Needles - Jan. 15, 2016

I finished the first pair of socks for 2016 and even wore them today!!  They felt really good and don't look half bad, IMHO.  

I looked back to see when they were started (way back in October) and if the yarn information was there.  You can find it HERE   I also noticed on that post that I had started a cowl, which had totally forgotten about. Maybe I'd better finish that too before starting something else ...or maybe not. !

I've been wanting to try this new yarn that is lumpy and bumpy that I picked up in Paducah last April. We'll see which one wins or if I can stick to finishing up what I started.

I'm going to Judy's OTN to see what everyone else is working on.  Join me there. 

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stash Report and A Finish

It's been a good week for finishing some projects this week.  First up was getting the 9-patch baby quilt  quilted and bound.  This took 6 yards total of my stash.  Now if I can keep the momentum going, I'll be happy.

And because of a gentle nudging by my friend Kevin, (or was it incessantly pestering me), I finished the last block for my Soul Searching UFO that was started in 2014.  Now all the blocks are ready to be put into rows. That will happen this week for sure, since I need the design wall space for another UFO.  I haven't calculated the yardage yet since most of it was scraps from my stash, but I did buy some FQs and was gifted some black and whites (thank you again Kevin) to add to the backgrounds.

Stash Report  - Week 2
Fabric Used - 6 yds  
Fabric Added - 0 yds
YTD Used  - 6 yds
YTD Added -  0 yds   
Net Stash Used - 6 yds

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times and seeing what others have done this week.