Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stash Report and More, March 30, 2014

My numbers remain the same as last week. Nothing added and nothing used that I can count.
Fabric Added - 0
Fabric Used - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 2.25 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 9.28 yds
Net used for 2014  - 7.03 yds

However, I did make a little more progress on "Snow Friends". The final rows were added to the top and bottom of the center unit, but the snow people still need their eyes and mouths.  There will be a couple of borders added soon and then this top will be done.

Also, more blocks have been made for "Friendship Jewels".  This is what my graph looked like the first time I posted it

Look at it now!!   This represents 57 finished blocks out of 80.
I'm still digging through my scraps to find the right colors for the missing sections of the blocks.  It hasn't depleted my stash very much, but I'm having fun trying.  I can't wait to start putting the rows together.  I'm anxious to see how this design looks in "real life" fabrics instead of crayola on paper.

We had a QOV sewing day this week and we were treated to a surprise. A presentation of quilts was made to 7 veterans (6 men and 1 woman) representing service in World War II, The Korean War, VietNam and one had just completed his second tour in Afghanistan.

This was such a heart-warming event and a few tears were shed when one veteran spoke about what it meant to him to receive his quilt.  

To see what others have done this week, stop on by Patchwork Times.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stash Report - Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's been two weeks since I've posted to the Stash Report, so I'm combining them together.  It looks better that way too since one week I enhanced the stash and the other week I reduced it.  Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

At our quilt show last week, I picked up two half yards of black and white to use in the background of my Soul Searching blocks.
Daily Chores

What to do after all those daily chores!

I also got 3 fat quarters of aqua/teals that is the color for March Rainbow Scrappy Challenge at So Scrappy.  Haven't quite finished that block yet.

More stashbusting came from making QOV blocks for the block drive that Kevin, the Quilter is having. Here are just a few to show you how easy they are.  Be sure to stop by Kevin's blog and take a look to see what it's all about and join in the fun.

My numbers for the week:
Fabric Added -  1.75 yds
Fabric Added YTD -  2.25 yds

Fabric Used - 1.25 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 9.28 yds
Net used for 2014  - 7.03 yds

To see how others are doing on their stashbushing goals for the year, go to Patchwork Times.

Friday, March 21, 2014

On The Needles - March 21, 2014

I can hardly believe that it is Friday again so quickly. I had hoped to have my first sock completed, but the week was busy with a 3 day quilt show, two quilt meetings and a few other commitments to keep me from my goal. I am getting sooo close though.  I just had to try it on to see how it fits and to measure how much more I needed to go before starting the toe section.

I also worked on "Snow Friends" quilt this week.  The applique is all finished and the top and bottom sections are stitched together waiting to be added to the center panel.

To see what others have done this week, stop by Judy's Patchwork Times.

Friday, March 14, 2014

On and Off the Needles Friday 3/14

Here it is Friday already and I'm still working on my first sock with those tiny double pointed needles.  I've successfully made my way through the leg, the heel flap and am now learning how to do the heel gussets.  I hope to have this sock completed before the next On The Needles post.

Last week I finished two more dish/face cloths.  I tried a new free pattern called Pips Dishcloth; but because of all the distractions while knitting,  I kept messing up.  What resulted was very serendipity, knitting and purling whenever I felt like changing stitches.  No rhyme or reason or repeats of rows or sequences.   Actually it turned out better than expected under the circumstances, but don't ask me to duplicate it. I haven't the foggiest what I did.  That white spot in the picture is not a hole.  Really it isn't. They are pinned to my design wall with flat flower head pins.

I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times, so stop by and see what others have on their needles this week.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stash Report - Week 10

My stash numbers moved a little bit this week, in the right direction I might add.  I was on retreat a few days last week and made progress on several projects.  I pieced together some donated blocks and used a yard of blue star fabric from my stash for the sashing and a little red for the cornerstones to make a QOV quilt.  It still needs a couple borders to make it the correct size.  The blocks were pieced by several others which accounts for the different designs and fabrics used in them.

Later this week, I'll show you more of what I worked on and some of the great quilt tops that were finished by the other ladies.

Here are my numbers for the stash report:
Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Added YTD - .5 (actually last week, but I didn't do a post)
Fabric Used this week - 1 yd
Fabric Used YTD = 5.28
Net fabric used in 2014 = 4.78 yards

Check out other reports at Judy's Patchwork Times