Saturday, October 6, 2012

Weekend Quilt Show

This weekend is Loose Threads Quilt Show in St. Peters, MO.  I spent the whole day at the show contributing to the vendors and helping the economy recover more quickly.  Thank goodness I was volunteering as a "white glove" helper answering questions and showing backsides of quilts, which kept me away from the vendors for a few hours. There were some great new out-of-state vendors plus many of our great local shops and businesses represented.  It was difficult to pass up fabric that was priced right and so beautifully displayed.  I did find a few fabrics needed for the sashing and border on Joan's star blocks I recently received.    I'm going back tomorrow to work and might find more "have to have" fabrics -- you know just fabrics needed to finish up some of my many UFO's, right?
Outer Border stripe, blue sashing, lime cornerstones
I'm not looking forward to my stash report tomorrow.  Maybe I'll send my report before I go to the show, then what I bring home won't count for a whole week.    Maybe I can use it quickly and it will go right back out!!  Whew!, I feel much better. I'll take my camera and try to get a few shots of the winners.
  






2 comments:

  1. You've picked some great fabrics so far. I just love to shop the vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics look perfect for the start quilt. Can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.