Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stash Report - Oct. 28, 2012

I was looking forward to this week's Stash Report.  Since the weather has gotten cooler, it's motivated me into doing more sewing and I'm using my stash. Being in a hurry and working into the wee hours of the night has it's drawbacks though. I  miscut and ruined the only fabric I had bought this week. Ugh. Now I will have to rebuy that piece again, or be creative in trying to selvage the pieces.

Fabric Added this week - .3/4 yards 
Fabric Added Year To Date - 29.5 yards

Fabric Used this week - 6. 25 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date - 76.83 yards

I finished piecing the back for the QOV Tilted Stars.  I decided to use up so many smaller pieces and cut 10.5" blocks.  I tried to keep them somewhat organized into a pattern, if I had enough of a color to do so.  I did pretty well, I think -- only ran 1 block short on one color.  Does it stand out too much?







The other sewing I did was on my 25-patch stain glass blocks.  I added setting triangles on all 8 of them.  They are now ready to have leading added to them; and then decide what fabrics to use for the next phase of the project.

Drop by Patchwork Times to see more Stash reports.

3 comments:

  1. I like the background on the stained glass blocks. Can't wait to see the finish!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The different blue block doesn't stand out at all. I had to look for it! Your stain glass block is beautiful. Can't wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great backing for your QOV. I really liked the pillow cases you made. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.