Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Oct. 1, 2012

Here are the blocks I mentioned in my Stash Report that I received but were not yet counted.

They are from a friend whose eyes are getting worse and she has difficulty seeing well enough to enjoy piecing any more.  She was looking for a home for them and I loved the colors and the star pattern, so I am going to finish this quilt for a donation or perhaps me! lol  It might be the closest I'll ever come to having someone make me a quilt.  I guess when you are a quilter most people never think of making the quilter a quilt.   She ran out of the 2 original background fabrics, so substituted to get 12 blocks.  The background fabrics are homespun in a heather pattern.  Anyone have any extra of these homespuns hiding in their stash??

Now to find suitable sashing and maybe cornerstones, plus a border or two and I'll be on my way to getting this finished..

To see other design walls, stop by Patchwork Times.




9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful blocks and they will be so happy to become a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are wonderful! I think you should keep this one for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW~! What great blocks to be gifted! glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you finish your friend's quilt and give it back to her? I think she'd be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - aren't you the lucky girl!!! I agree, no one thinks to make us a quilt, but I think I'll probably make myself enough to make up for it - after I have made one or two for everyone else of course :*) You should enjoy working on these blocks - I love the colors and the design really attracts attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks. It is nice to put together other people's blocks--sort of a like a free swap :) I know what you mean about quilters never getting quilts made for them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful blocks and nicely pieced. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete