Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Oct. 1, 2012

Here are the blocks I mentioned in my Stash Report that I received but were not yet counted.

They are from a friend whose eyes are getting worse and she has difficulty seeing well enough to enjoy piecing any more.  She was looking for a home for them and I loved the colors and the star pattern, so I am going to finish this quilt for a donation or perhaps me! lol  It might be the closest I'll ever come to having someone make me a quilt.  I guess when you are a quilter most people never think of making the quilter a quilt.   She ran out of the 2 original background fabrics, so substituted to get 12 blocks.  The background fabrics are homespun in a heather pattern.  Anyone have any extra of these homespuns hiding in their stash??

Now to find suitable sashing and maybe cornerstones, plus a border or two and I'll be on my way to getting this finished..

To see other design walls, stop by Patchwork Times.




9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful blocks and they will be so happy to become a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are wonderful! I think you should keep this one for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW~! What great blocks to be gifted! glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you finish your friend's quilt and give it back to her? I think she'd be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - aren't you the lucky girl!!! I agree, no one thinks to make us a quilt, but I think I'll probably make myself enough to make up for it - after I have made one or two for everyone else of course :*) You should enjoy working on these blocks - I love the colors and the design really attracts attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blocks. It is nice to put together other people's blocks--sort of a like a free swap :) I know what you mean about quilters never getting quilts made for them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful blocks and nicely pieced. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.