Friday, October 24, 2014

OTN Plus More

I recently went on a retreat and thought I would finish my pair of socks, but spent most of my time on sewing tops, pillowcases and appliqueing blocks. No knitting at all!  However, I have made a little more progress on them.  Getting real close to the toes on the first sock.



I belong to a group called The A-Team and we are making two quilts using images from coloring books.  We had a choice of using pictures for an 'animal themed' or a 'toy-themed' quilt.  I choose animals - mine will be a kitty,  a whale and a bear.  Here is my first block.  It is raw edged applique using a very tiny blanket stitch.  Being that is is raw edged, the black kitty edges are a bit "furry" and really do look like cat fur!


Another finish for the week included quilting a scrappy string quilt.  Now if only I can keep the momentum rolling and get more down this week, I'll be a happy camper.  


Soon I hope to have more pictures of finishes from the retreat.   I don't know why it is so difficult for me to take photos of my finished projects and get them on the computer.  I should get my rear in gear and get them done --- then I can start new ones!  

Stop by Judy's On the Needles to see what others are up to this week. 

6 comments:

  1. Love that scrappy quilt girlfriend!!!! Great finish :) And your socks are looking so pretty -- you will enjoy wearing them! Of course, you know a cat girl like myself is over the moon for your sweet black kitty - adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock is great! I love that yarn... the stripes are awesome. Your string quilt looks quite nice, too. And what a cute kitty! You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the sock yarn and your quit tops great scrappy quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented in the fiber arts! That little kitty looks like my cat I had throughout high school and college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea from your A team group. Cute kitty.
    Your sock yarn sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kitty is so cute! The string quilt is so colorful, congrats on getting it quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.