Monday, October 6, 2014

Design Wall and Stash Report - Week 40

The only thing on my design wall today is this little pumpkin block.  It is for a block exchange group.


My stash report is definitely headed in the wrong direction for reducing my stash!  After attending the MQX show in Springfield, IL and the River Heritage Quilt Guild Show in Cape Girardeau, I had added an additional 12 yards  One booth had some fantastic prices on fabric and if you know me at all, I can't pass up a good sale -- even when I really don't need any more fabric.  I do have a plan for some of this.  These are for pillowcases for our children's project.
For baseball lovers

Under the sea

Blue Flames for boys

Daisies with green cuffs




And  a few fat quarters to add to my oranges.  I'm behind on making my last two months of Soul Searching blocks, plus the new one for October.  Guess I'd better get busy.

Fabric added  - 12 yards (2 weeks)
Fabric used   -  .25
Fabric added YTD -  39.5 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 28.45 yds
Net Added in 2014 - 11.05 yds

I'm linking up with Judy's DWM and Stash Report (a little late).  Stop on by and see what others are doing. There is sure to be something that will inspire you.

6 comments:

  1. You got a great deal on some really nice fabrics! You are an artist....you need materials to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those oranges. I have more oranges than purple... Nice pillowcase fabrics too. Someone will love having them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fabrics! And I think stash that you buy while at a show shouldn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin block is very cute. At least you've got plans for a lot of what you bought, so hopefully most will go back out of the stash before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely picked up some cute novelty prints there. I have no doubt they'll all be put to good use. What's best though is that you were able to attend two quilt shows! I hope they were worth seeing, and that you came home inspired to sew for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that patchwork pumpkin block?! And I'm thinking you are going to make some children very happy with pillowcases made from those fun prints!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.