Friday, July 18, 2014

On The Needles - Friday, July 18

This week I have another pair of socks started.  They are from a yarn called Serenity by Deborah Norville Collection.  The content is 50% superwash Merino wool, 25% bamboo and 25% nylon.  I bought this yarn about 7 years ago to learn how to knit socks, but after 5 tries and lots of unknitting, I gave up and put it away.  Actually I forgot I had it and just found it in my yarn area. Since I'm starting my 3rd pair, maybe this time it will become a complete pair of socks.  I still love the color and they are so soft and cushy feeling.  Can't wait to get them finished to see how they feel on my feet.


The pattern is called Slip-Stitch Ridges Socks from the book "Teach Yourself Visually" Sock Knitting. The easy leg design and that cool heel is what caught my eye.,  It's new for me and is called the "eye of Partridge heel flap. It's been very easy so far and I really like the way it looks with this yarn.

To see more inspiration on the knitting front, visit Judy's Patchwork Times.


5 comments:

  1. Oh I love that yarn!!! Such a beautiful color, and it is working beautifully in that sock pattern :) Doing a great job as usual! Way to use up that stash too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock looks great! Love the yarn and the pattern. It's fun to find surprises in the yarn or fabric cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and the pattern is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sure a pretty color. And good for you to be trying the pattern again. The third time's a charm, right? As lovely as it is to knit - and I used to do it many years ago - I prefer to remain focused on quilting. So many beautiful quilting designs that simply must be made!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.