Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday

My design wall hasn't changed too much since I last posted on it.  The stack & whack blocks are still there -- no fairies came to finish them up and I did more string blocks at the retreat.  This weekend was our quilt show and I had to put on hanging sleeves and labels on 2 quilts from last year to be in the show.  Did finish up a couple customer quilts here and there throughout the week.


Here's a shot of one of my quilts that was in our guild show this weekend.  It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern that was done with all scraps and some blocks from friends' stash. .  I named it Mocha Latte because I asked them to use colors that reminded them of coffee (with and without cream), cappuccinos, teas, hot chocolate and other fancy drinks at the coffee houses these days.
Mocha Latte  (click to enlarge)
Check out others design walls over at Judy's.

8 comments:

  1. Your design wall is so colorful!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your mocha latte quilt. That turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the Mocha Latte quilt. I'll have to look for that one, too. It would force me to reorganize my scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design wall looks like someone who is busy doing what she loves - quilting!!! I've made Bonnie's pineapple blossom (your Mocha Latte) in blues & whites - scrumptious in your colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you have something on your design wall. That's more than "SOME" people can say! LOL LOVE the Mocha Latte!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Mocha Latte quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, I made it to your quilt show Saturday afternoon after going to the downtown St Patrick's Day parade. I really like your latte quilt :) It was a great show and fun to see lot's of quilts by folks I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt - brown is one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.