Monday, March 26, 2012

Design Wall Monday

My design wall looks similar to last week, but I've added more string blocks, started piecing a border for Winter Friendship Stars, tried a light blue for the background of the fishy stack 'n whack blocks and made more 9-patch blocks for a baby quilt - which is cut off from the picture.  Not enough room on the wall for all my ongoing projects.  I need to get some finishes soon or I'll run out of space up there!

I also have a QOV top to turn in this week for our hand quilting day.  We are meeting at the American Legion Hall in Wentzville on Mar. 28 if any local quilters want to join us.
Sorry it's turned sideways.


Check in with Judy to see more Design Walls.

4 comments:

  1. Your stack and whack blocks are awesome -- and so are your string blocks -- just beautiful! Nicely done on the QOV flimsy -- wish I was local and could lend a hand with the quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love string quilts!!! WIsh I was there to quilt at the QOV with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the string quilt, too. It's on my to-do list. Would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking string quilt! Wonderful colors! And I am totally loving those SNW blocks -- they have a cool spin to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.