Sunday, October 14, 2018

Catching Up From MIA

Computer problems and life just got too chaotic to keep my focus on blogging but I really missed hearing from my blogger friends.  I have been popping in to read your adventures and accomplishments however, but not taking time to leave many messages.  Sorry for that.  This post is a test to see if Blogger will let me continue my blog as it was AND that the computer will stay functioning more than a few days.

It has been a long while since last posting, so I don't know where to begin.  I'm still having computer problems with my laptop, which is very disheartening given the cost of the Surface 3; and I'm disgusted with it's lack of performance.  I would not recommend this computer although listening to the salesman, they make it sound fabulous being it can be used as a tablet and has full computer functionality in such a small portable package. I was not so impressed with mine.  Size and portability is wonderful, but what good is that if it fails to charge and will not turn on.  The camera doesn't work right and the desktop screen changes so often I thought there was a devil inside trying to drive me crazy. It almost worked. It was so frustrating I gave up.  Screaming didn't even help!

Where did Spring and Summer go?   I know it was just a few weeks ago, right?
When I last posted it was cold and winter-like and today it is cold and rainy -- the same weather again.  Maybe I imagined that it's been a very long time between posts and just fell asleep and dreamed it all.

I am still keeping very busy with sewing projects and making quilts to donate to Quilts of Valor, kid's charities and special family occasions.   This Spring and Summer I put out a medium size vegetable garden and grew tomatoes, green peppers, kale, cucumbers, zucchini, beets, watermelon and cantaloupes.  Had success with everything except the cantaloupes.  They didn't make it at all, but the watermelons outdid themselves.

A post without pictures is not a good test.  So here is a UFO that is waiting to be finished.


Keeping fingers crossed this all works.










26 comments:

  1. Such a treat to see you pop up in my blog feed! I'm glad all is well. I figured life just whisked you off for a spell as it is wont to do. I saw you on Kevin's blog once or twice so knew you hadn't run too far. :) As for technology: I have come to the conclusion that it is both a blessing and a curse, depending on if it's working or not. I hope your computer issues are behind you and that more fun sewing lies ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't figured out yet how to get notification of comments appear in my email inbox yet. Still work to be done. Thanks for letting me know you saw my post. It is nice to see familiar names.

      Delete
  2. The test was successful :) Computer problems are soooooo frustrating, I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you move to a different state?

    I looked at your archive, and it looks like you had the same hiatus last year. Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No have not moved. I guess from April to September has been a very busy time in my life and the computer gremlins are running rampant.

      Delete
  4. So happy to see you post Dar... I know about life getting in the way...I'm just posting once a week and sometimes not even that... Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I'm nursing my ancient laptop along... I don't want to have to learn how to use a new one, but I know that it is inevitable that it will happen. Got cold here today calling for below normal temps all week...seems like the weather has been off all year... summer was way too hot and now fall is too cold... hate to think what will happen with winter. I need to get back to knitting more socks... take care...hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you too. Knitting socks is about the only thing I am still doing with regularity. I'm still not very fast, but always have a one on the needles. Now to figure out how to get notices of blog comments.

      Delete
  5. Well, it worked! So glad you're back! That's a great looking quilt on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Test was successful. Love your UFO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, Thanks for the comment. I tried to reply back to you via email, but it said you were a no reply blogger. Still trying to figure out why the I'm not being alerted via MY email when someone comments on blog. Technology...UGH!!

      Delete
  7. I sure hope you received this comment, letting you know how happy I am that you're back to blogging! Time for a new computer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your starry log cabins! So glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt you are working on. Hope the blog is working well. Can't remember if you were still blogging when all the comment problems were going on late Spring/early Summer. There is a fix for it (I sent it to Kevin). Looking forward to more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It worked! Glad to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear of all the computer problems. My Guy has had similar problems with a brand new desk top computer. He's talking of going to the dark side and buying an Apple computer. Sounds like you had a full summer. Hope to see you pop up more frequently on my blog feed. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes & diabetes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure all diseases
    email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com Dr Itua can also bring back your ex lover and make him or she love more than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.