Monday, February 24, 2014

Design Wall - February 24, 2014

My design wall is getting so crowded that I've moved some of my blocks to a tabletop.  My string blocks are starting to come in from some of my friends and they are looking great.  I love them!













These blocks are from Barb, Linda, Donna, Tommi and Faye.  Thank you so much ladies!  They look great!




Then there is a new project I started last week.  It was named  "Snow Friends" by a good friend who put together 3 kits for her special friends to make during the wintry, snowy months. Our instructions are to work on this whenever it snows.  That means this quilt should be finished by now since we've had a lot of snow this winter.  I'll show you more as I get it cut out and stitched down.  I love the fabrics she chose for the pieces of this quilt.  It's going to be so cute and we are having fun doing it together.

Beginnings of Snow Friends
The biggest project on my design wall is my Celtic Solstice.  It is still waiting for the first border. Maybe that will happen at a retreat real soon.  Or maybe not.  I can't decide what to take with so many UFO's all wanting to go!

If you have time, go on over to Patchwork Times and see what's on others have on their design walls.  


10 comments:

  1. Those string blocks are so vibrant. The will make a stunning quilt.

    Looks like you made a good start on your Snow Buddies project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cheerful string blocks and your solstice block! Yes, I can never take enough with me on retreats...then don't touch half of what I took, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - lovin' those string blocks! I like the trees for Snow Friends. Maybe you should save it and work on it in July and August, when we are all hoping for cooler weather - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your string blocks are looking good. great looking trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh love a string quilt. The white strip must make an interesting secondary design when put together. Big ole string quilts would be a good block to make with the rainbow scrap challenge colors too. hmmm
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the string blocks! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree block! So serene....I want to go there! Lots of great projects. Keep up the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really been getting a lot done lately!! Those string blocks are gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see more of the "Snow Friends."

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a stellar sting quilt! Hey, there's a name for you! "Stellar String Quilt!" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.