Thursday, June 6, 2013

New Adventures in the Kitchen

I've been so buy with all my QOV projects currently that I've neglected trying new recipes much this year.  My herb garden is very limited this year (too busy quilting), but I do have a few favorites that I use a lot -- basil, chives, dill; so when I saw what my friend at Cat Patches had done with her chives, I thought I'd give it a try.  Of course my little patch is not very big, but it was enough to make one pretty container of chive blossom vinegar to use for making salad dressings or marinades.  Now I just have to strain it and it will be ready to use.  Hope it tastes as good as it looks. I love the color.

Next I'm making a delicious recipe with grapefruits that were brought back from Arizona by a good friend who winters there.  Will have the results of that adventure soon.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks delicious! A fresh salad and homemade dressing is so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bottle of chive blossom vinegar is so pretty! I'll bet it will be delicious :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your going to love how it smells!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.