Saturday, June 1, 2013

GID Results and What's Keeping me Busy

Tomorrow (oops, it's after midnight) Today is the first day of June already.  In just 30 days we will be half way through 2013. It's going by too fast for me. Since May is over, it's now time to see how I did on my goals for May.  Here were my goals and the progress I made.

May Goals
1. Cut, piece & quilt a wedding present - did not happen
2. Make 10 more string blocks - made 6 
3. Quilt 1 QOV - actually quilted 4 QOV
4. Finish knitting scarf - made progress, but it's still on the needles
5. Make some progress on putting rows together on Easy Street.- 3 rows completed
6  Extra this month - Made 10 pillowcases for St.Louis Children's Hospital
                               Quilted 5 customer quilts
                               Made 55 yards of bindings for QOV quilts
                               Pieced 6 backings together for QOV quilts
It was very busy this month, that's for sure.  Tuesday night at my Bits 'n Pieces Quilt Guild, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of quilts turned in for QOV.  This group is so prolific and generous!  They donated 7 finished quilts and 7 pieced tops & backings.  Just take a look at some of the wonderful quilts and tops that I received this week.

From Suzanne G.

From Dusty P.
 
From Debbie S.
 
From Kris P.

From Katie F.

From Cherie V.

From Gale S.
I'll post more after I've taken more pictures.  We made our goal with some to spare for the Missouri troops returning from Afghanistan.  We've heard they are back in the states and we are anxious to find out when we can present their quilts to them.

To see how others did on their GID goals, check at Judy's here.

6 comments:

  1. DAR, YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY. WHAT A GROUP OF GAL'S, TO GIVE SUCH BEAUTIFUL QOV QUILTS

    LINDA I

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous quilts!!! And I see a Pineapple Blossom (Bonnie Hunter!) quilt in there too - yay!!! You did a great job on your goals - I didn't even set any this month, so you're way ahead of me LOL!!! Gotta remember to post my goals this month :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, those quilts are great and good for you quilting four of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great quilts. Glad you exceeded your goal. Hope you are safe from all this nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do some amazing work for QOV! Kudos! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.