Here it is 2015 already. Where did 2014 go so fast! It seems like only a few months ago I was thinking about what I wanted to accomplish in 2014 and now it's gone forever.
Many of you have already posted your goals and new year resolutions for 2015. I spent a good amount of time reading them last night. It reminded me that I had not done anything about that. Heck, I usually don't make many resolutions any more, but there are a few standard ones each year that come to mind.
- Eat healthier - Did somewhat better in 2014
- Get more exercise - (More steps on my Fit Bit) - yes! Increased daily miles to 3/day
- Use more stash fabric and don't buy much fabric - No on first half, yes on last part.
- Learn to do "something" that I've always wanted to learn - yes - knitting socks
- Finish up more UFOs - NO - not even one of my UFO's finished. Bad me.
- Keep in touch with friends more frequently - Needs more attention
- Post more frequently on blog - Needs more attention
- Quilt 12 Charity quilts - finished 16 in 2014 - Yipee!
My goals for 2015 will be to continue last year's list with major improvements on
- finishing UFOs - I have way too many and at least 16 flimsies are ready to quilt
- fabric management - much more out than in
- keeping in touch with friends
- posting on blog more frequently
- trying new knitting patterns and stitches
In addition to these, another main focus for me will be to Declutter and Organize my sewing areas and my life. I want to slow down and enjoy the process and not be so stressed and rushing all the time.
I'm in complete agreement with Bonnie Hunter who says her mantra for the new year is "More with Less."
What are you looking forward to in the new year? I hope you make those dreams and goals come true.