Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stash Report - Week 19 May 11, 2014

Let me wish all the mothers out there in Blogland a Happy Mother's Day.  Where would we be without our dear mothers and all the love they have given us through the years.  I no longer have my mother to share my days and thoughts with, but I am reminded of her so many times throughout the week by things that we did together, our favorite foods we enjoyed sharing and even in the grocery store I will hear someone say something that was a favorite expression of my mother's too.  I miss her a lot, but know she's watching me and smiling at some of the things I say and do, which I'm sure are reminiscent of her.  I was very blessed to have a wonderful mother and hope you all have a wonderful day.

It's been a quite a while since I've posted my stash report.  Mostly it was because there was no activity in my fabric.  I was doing more knitting. But after Paducah and several sales at local quilt shops, I have new stash.  Here's some of what came home from AQS.

The black and whites are for the Soul Searching blocks (isn't the computer smiley faces fabric the cutest thing), the blue/white/black stripes was to be for Snow Friends, but it isn't the right color blue, so it will be added to my shelves for future  use.

The green and blue variegated strips was on sale, and you just never know when it might come in handy, right?  The pastel plaid MIGHT work on a baby quilt, not sure. This is however a STASH report, so it's future stash.

The baseball pieces are for a baby quilt in the planning stages.  I'm looking for anything with baseball motifs on it.


So the bad news is that my Stash took a bit of a hit.  There were several more pieces added that were not in the picture that were bought for various ongoing projects.

Fabric Added since last reported -  13.5 yards
Fabric Added YTD - 15.75 yds
Fabric Used since last report - 0
Fabric Used YTD - 16.28 yds
Net Used/in 2014 -  .53 - oh this is close to being in the red. I've got to get busy.

To see what others have done with their stash this week, visit Patchwork Times here.




3 comments:

  1. You are in the black and got to enhance your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have taken a hit, but, you are an artist..........you need your "materials!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you enjoyed yourself at AQS! I'm glad you found some pieces to add to your stash, though I understand your disappointment in the "use-it-up" column. I'm terribly sorry to have missed you in Paducah! Who would have guessed I'd be so busy! Several long, quiet evenings were spent writing alone in my motel room so as to turn in 17 written interviews by Saturday morning. Maybe we can meet next year? I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.