Monday, April 29, 2013

Get It Done & UFO Challenge

Where did April go so fast.  It seems like just a short time ago I was planning my Get It Done goals for the month.  What did I get done during the month, you ask?  Take a look-see, if you haven't been keeping up with my progress.
April Goals
1. Assemble Easy Street into a flimsy - Nope.  Still waiting patiently on the design wall.
2. Make 10 string blocks - yes - here
3. Quilt 1 QOV - yesquilted 2 in April. picture here and here  
4. Quilt one of my UFOs -  yes - Winter Friendship Stars quilted and bound- picture
5. Make 4 pillowcases - yes
6. Finish prep on applique block - nada.  Can't get my mojo moving on this one.


I've changed a few priorities for next month and tried to be more realistic about some of my older goals.  With the warmer weather and the outside calling, it will be tougher to get sewing done. 


May Goals
1. Cut, piece & quilt a wedding quilt - This will also be a NewFO for May.
2. Make 10 more string blocks - only need 20 more then I can start designing a quilt layout.
3. Quilt another QOV or two
4. Finish knitting scarf
5. Make some progress on putting rows together on Easy Street.  You notice I am breaking this down into smaller steps to see if it helps at all.

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times and Carrie at A Passion for Applique..   Spend some time and check them out.

7 comments:

  1. You did good last month. I'm sure you will do great in May, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an excellent month! It really does help to report our progress, doesn't it? Thanks for stopping by my blog, Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your string blocks. You saw mine, so you know we're making similar ones. It's always interesting to see the different fabrics in them, and the overall look of one person's over another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what happened to April, but I just looked up and May's kind of whooshing past too! Sure helps me to keep goals written down or I might just keep spinning my wheels. You were busy in April! Bet you're whipping out those May projects too! I've got string blocks on my list too - it's hard to beat a good scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.