Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012 -- Hello 2013

Well, this was a very interesting year and it flew by quickly.  I learned some new computer skills, started a blog, finished lots of quilts for others, met new friends and did a bunch of sewing on projects to move them closer to being finished in 2013.  I'm looking forward to the new year.  I still have lots to get done and places to see and people to meet.  I set a few goals at the beginning of 2012 to help keep me focused on some particular areas. I did well on some, others not too bad and some pitifully poor.  Here's a recap of where I ended for the year.
  1. Read 12 books or 1 a month - yes - read 14
  2. Finish 12 UFOs - bad,bad - I only finished one
  3. Try 12 new recipes - tried 3 - if you count different smoothies I made, that number would be more like 30 or 40!
  4. Quilt or piece 12 Quilts of Valor - 5 quilted, several others ready to quilt, also made over 10 pillowcases for QOV
  5. Use 200 yds of fabric from stash - this was a stretch -  If I had gotten some of my own quilts quilted, that would have taken me over 120 yds.  These WILL be done in 2013 for sure.
  6. Use more fabric than I add to my stash - yes,  Added 45 yds. used 91 yds. not too bad. Could improve.
2013  Goals
  • Stash Busting Challenge  - I'm hoping to use more than 100 yards- maybe 150 yds. this year
  • New FO Challenge - start a new project each month - you don't have to finish any of them!! This should be real easy.  It's what I do best.  That's why I have over 50 UFOs.. (side bar button)
  • Strictly For the Birds - BOM - (side bar button)
  • Get It Done Challenge - 4 mini goals per month
  • Finish 10 or more UFOs
  • Read a book a month
  • Walk 7,000 steps a day

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You were a busy lady and you did accomplish a lot towards your goals even if you didn't complete them all! YAY for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well! I am with you my progress on UFOs last year....maybe we can do better this year!

    Funny, one of my personal goals this year is to try two new recipes a month...my hubby is the main cook, so I don't do a lot, but I do seem to acquire all kinds of cookbooks and recipes that I never use. I am going to try to change that! LOL

    I will be cheering you on this year!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your goals for 2012 (for the most part- lol)! I think that I am going to come up with a word to focus on, but I haven't had any luck coming up with that word yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.