Friday, February 3, 2012

QOV Surprise Newspaper Article

Wednesday when checking my email, I discovered a pleasant surprise.  Someone had sent me an article about our local Chapter of Quilts of Valor.  This is the group that I do a lot of quilting for - both long arm and hand quilting.  A reporter from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper visited one of our sewing days and interviewed and photographed our ladies.  It's a great article on how our group got started.  In the picture at the end, there is a shot of some of the finished quilts.  The quilt the ladies are holding and looking at more closely was one of the ones I quilted and posted about on my blog here.  You have to look closely to recognize it, but having quilted and bound it, I spent a lot of time with it so I knew "one of my babies" even at a glance.

3 comments:

  1. Dar, what a great article. Sounds like you're one of the younger quilters in the group :) How nice one of your babies made it into the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!! How fun to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice article! Very cool that one of your quilts made it into the picture, too. You ladies are doing a great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.