Monday, February 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday

My design wall looks similar to my last one with the addition of 4 more Stack 'N Whack blocks added.  After receiving some suggestions for the background color to set them together, I'm leaning toward a light color - perhaps light blue or grey so they will stand out.  The other suggested bright colors (yellow, lime, hot pink) might be good for an inner border, sashing or cornerstones or a piping in the binding.  We'll see what develops while I'm having fun playing with lots of options.  Check out other design walls at Patchwork Times.


7 comments:

  1. Light blue sounds beautiful. It will look like lots of bright kites floating in the sky,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so wonderful and bright! I think the right color of soft gray would be a good choice, but you'll really just have to audition fabrics I suppose. Can't wait to see them together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blocks, so colorful! If you have a chance maybe next week you can show the fabric you are cutting these from. I always find it interesting to see what SNW started from.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see the original fabric! I think a lighter fabric would be good too, with bright borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are wonderful!! I agree a lighter color to really make those brights pop will be fabuluos! Can't wait to see the progress on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dar, i love your SNW blocks. I have A OBW on one of my walls! Thanks for commenting and stopping by my blog. Don't forget to change your status from a no reply blogger to your email address. We cant reply to your comments until you do....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blocks - great colour choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.