Sunday, December 24, 2017

Nearing end of Stash usage for 2017

Well, it's almost the end of the year and that means the end of stash reduction for 2017 is getting very close.  I've been busy trying to get those numbers closer to my goal, but may fall a bit short this year.

December has found me trying keep up with Christmas luncheons, parties with all my quilting groups (4 of those), shopping for gifts, replacing a bathroom toilet, having roof inspected for hail damage, putting up inside and outside decorations, cooking and baking for hosting a Christmas party/luncheon.  Of course there was some major house cleaning going on at the same time.  Whew!  I'm ready for the calm between  Christmas and New Year's Day.  How about you? :)

However, I did find some time to get in a little sewing this month.  First the Cave Quilters finished the snake quilt and doing the happy dance. 

I made 15 bowl cozies for friends and family for stocking stuffers.
                      
(forgot to take pictures of the rest before giving away),
a couple of pillowcases and a few kennel quilts for a humane society in California helping with the fires. These are the small sizes they requested and I used some scraps and leftover blocks.



and a QOV top 
Also lots of blocks for another QOV top to be finished in 2018. I did use some of my stash, but there is still one more week left to reach my goal of 200 yards.  I still can't see any difference in my shelves yet.

Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 1.25 yds. (none was bought, but I was gifted or won fat qtrs at various times.)

Fabric Used since last report - 11+ yds
Fabric Used in 2017 - 150.68 yds

How are you doing using your stash?  We still have a week to go, you know, so keep on sewing.

We are getting a beautiful soft snowfall today and it looks like a picture postcard out my sewing room window. This year will be a white Christmas for sure

Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

Linking up with Quilt,Paint,Create.


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Dar! You got a lot done, especially with so much going on. I hope you have a lovely holiday and some good sewing time next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fabric buying was out of control this year. Fortunately, everything resets to 0 in next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've really destashed a lot! I admire you're buying discipline. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your pre-Christmas week was pretty jam packed. You got in lots of fun stitching projects. The stash report is looking pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the Cave Quilters!! and your QOV and the bowl cozies - and I think you were crazy busy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.