Sunday, November 13, 2016

Stash Report and Retreat Projects

I attended our annual November retreat this week and it was a great time for making progress on several projects plus I used more of my stash.

First off, I have wanted to make one of these cute knitting bags that some in our guild made awhile back.  This retreat was a good place to tackle it, so with all the pieces cut out and help from two friends that had made it before, I got it finished.   Ta Dah

Front view with 'see through plastic'

Pattern is Whatcha Got? 
by Sherri K. Falls of This & That Patterns

It uses 2 1/2" squares, a couple of fat quarters and comes in two sizes. This is the smaller size (8"x 10") which will easily hold yarn, knitting needles, instructions and chocolate (a necessity while knitting a pair of socks). There is still room for a few more small things. It calls for a grommet on the front side so you can feed the yarn through to the outside, but I left this off.

Back view 
Another project that I worked on was piecing a backing for my Coming Home Mystery quilt that I made earlier this year.
Still in the planning stages, but using up lots of bits and pieces to go with the colors on the front.
Only counting fabric for the knitting bag since it's finished, but as soon as the backing gets to the right size, I'll add in those numbers (hopefully by next week).

I worked on more batik leaf blocks for my Pieces of Friendship quilt, but fabric won't be counted until top is finished.


Stash Report - Nov. 13, 2016
Fabric Added since last report - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 4.5 yards

Fabric Used this week - .75 yds
Fabric Used in 2016 YTD - 83.61  yards

I'm linking up with Judy's Patchwork Times  and Bag It.

5 comments:

  1. Great projects for a retreat! I made one of those bags a few years ago and use it for my embroidery- it is nice, but I do remember the construction was a little tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat that you could start and finish your knitting bag while on retreat. And that backing is very cool. Just my style too, to use up bits and chunks. Keep usin' up, just as you're doin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute bag. Hope you can put it to good use soon. Great stash busting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. I love the bag - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bag! You have some fun creations in the works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.