Friday, July 31, 2015

Off The Needles - July 31, 2015

Off my needles this week is the Pretty Basic Shawl  a free pattern on Ravelry.  This was also my first garment to block using wires. It was a little tricky, but turned out ok. . I didn't follow the pattern exactly (well I meant to, but I made a big boo boo reading the pattern and didn't realize it until I had gone too far), so it is what it is. Wish it had turned out bigger like the original picture showed. I even added more rows thinking it would be larger.


I'm still debating what to start next.  I miss not having a sock on the needles, so I may cast on a pair of those next. Then the decision of which yarn to use--Judy's Loopy Legion on the Right or Denise's Mallard Duck on the Left - both are Lorna's Laces fingering weight yarns.
  

Come back soon to find out which one I choose.  Which one would YOU choose for socks and which for another knitted item?

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.  Stop by there to see what other lovely things are being made this week. 

9 comments:

  1. Your shawl is beautiful! I figure any errors I make just put my personal stamp on a project. As for the sock yarns.... tough choice... I'd go with Judy's Legion but you can't go wrong with either skein ... they are both pretty and I'll be interested to see how they knit up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl turned out beautifully. Either is a good choice, but if I had to choose, I'd use Judy's Loopy Legion for the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl Dar! And it's not a "boo-boo" if you don't read the pattern correctly, it's a "Design Opportunity" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is beautiful. I love the color of the yarn you used. This is a pattern I'm going to have to look for, I think. I, too, like Judy's yarn for socks. And like Carol said, I'm interested to see how they both knit. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl turned out so pretty. I'm not a knitter, and so I'm impressed by those who are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color of your shawl. I'm quite partial to Denise's Loopy Legend - LOL. Actually I haven't done anything with my hoard of it yet and can't decide what I want to do with it. My plan for Judy's is to make a shawl using a solid to match one of the colors in it and make maybe the Color Twister Shawl or another Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. even though the shawl is not as planned it sure is pretty. great yarn for your next projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on the shawl! Have you used it yet? I like both of the colors, so it will be interesting to see which you choose. Now I am curious; what is the black and white in between the 2 skeins of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd use them both for socks, but if I had to choose, I'd save the one on the right for a shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.