Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Made My Goal of 52

Just finished the last 3 pillowcases today before leaving on retreat tomorrow!  I didn't plan to make so many this year (last year I made 52 for this retreat), but when I didn't have any fabric to count as being used for the fabric stash report each week, I would make a pillowcase. Here are the last 2 in the dragon fabric and 1 in the French purses.  I sure hope they will fit in that pink bag!   There are 23 novelty fabrics and 29 in the dragon fabric (and there is still more dragon fabric left on the shelf). Ugh! That will have to wait until another time.



I'm off for a few days of R & R and looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some of the regular attendees from all over the U.S.  They come from as far away as California, Virginia, Minnesota Kentucky, Wisconsin Tennessee and Alabama plus other states. I hope to get some tops finished up with needed borders, bindings or pieced packings. Who knows, there may be time to sneak in a little knitting too.  Today it's almost 90 and that's the weather prediction most of the week.  It will be good to stay inside and play with fabric and eat, laugh, sew, knit and just relax.

See you later --it's about time I think what clothes to pack.  You know the sewing projects are more important than what to wear, right?

7 comments:

  1. I bought fabric to make one (yes, only one) pillowcase, and thought of you. Now to get around to making this pillowcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of pillow cases, they sure helped the stash report. Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would meet your goal! Now on to UFOS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo - well done!!!! You've definitely earned some much needed R&R my friend :*) Hope you have a wonderful time. And, yes, I ALWAYS pack my sewing projects first .... sometimes I spend days on planning what I will sew, and just a few hours on tossing a few clothes in a suitcase LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Just how much of that dragon fabric did you have?! Hope you enjoyed the retreat! I hope to make it to one of those one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! A whole week away, and so many pillow cases you've made to give away! That's so darned impressive! You put me, and many of us, to shame. Hope your week away was wonderful. Where do you go that can house so many people?! And for a whole week?! Wow! I think that sounds like a slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome bag of pillowcases. I am sure the retreat was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.