Friday, April 10, 2015

On the Needles - April 10, 2015

This week has been a very frustrating one when it came to knitting.  Do you remember last week I said I was going to go ahead and continue the Pretty Basic shawl even though the pattern didn't look quite right in the middle?  Well I did continue for at least another 20 rows and it got worse and I didn't like what I was seeing, so I frogged it back to the beginning.

Next I decided to work on my Hermione's socks which started off looking real pretty in the cuff area, but when I started the textured pattern in the leg section, it looked way too big.  I continued for another couple inches and it kept getting wider.  I did swatches with 3 different sized dpns until I got to the smallest ones I own - US 0 (2.0mm) and it STILL was too big.  I could not seem to get the gauge that was suggested in the pattern - 9sts/in.  So I cut back on the number of cast on stitches and I'm going with that!  These socks will fit SOMEONE if not me, but I'm not starting over again!!  I've practically wore out the yarn from starting so many times.   Here's where I am on my 4th attempt.

If any more knitting snafu's happen this week, OR anytime soon, I may have to put my knitting needles back in the drawer and not let them out until they decide to behave.  I've tolerated about enough of this bad behavior from them. They need to be taught a lesson. 

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times OTN.  Check there to be inspired by more knitting ideas this week.


5 comments:

  1. You know you are speaking another language when you are talking "knitting" to me. I am not sure what is wrong with the sock???? It looks beautiful to me???? Perhaps if you do take a break from knitting, you could get some more of your quilting ufo's done??? LOL JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are looking really good. I think it must be the season for misbehaving knitting needles. I was ripping back earlier this month, too. It does feel good to get on the right track, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've had my issues with misbehaving knitting... bad bad bad...LOL! Anyway I subscribe to the same philosophy about socks... if they don't fit me, they'll fit somebody else and that's okay with me... happy knitting... show those projects who's the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Three Irish Girls yarn it is so soft but what I have is a little heavier than most of the sock yarns I have used so the socks I knit from it were on larger needles with fewer stitches I'm a toe up knitter. My colors pooled like that too But I love the feel of TIG yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is beautiful! Don't lock up this needles until you're finished with this pair, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.