Friday, September 13, 2013

On The Needles 9/13/13

As Teresa says, "it's all about Dreambird" these days; but I am starting my first ever dish cloth! I'm learning on something very simple and hope to work my way up to some of the beautiful projects that I see on Judy's linky each week.  My edges are a bit rough, but hopefully that will smooth out with more practice. The color is not very true in this picture-it's more of a sea foam green.


Since I'm not as skilled as most of my friends are when it comes to knitting, it will probably never happen that I will make a Dreambird.  But my friend Linda is a very good knitter and she doesn't have a blog.  I'm sure you will agree that her Dreambird is just too beautiful not to be seen.  She's given me permission to show it to you on my blog. If I could knit one of these, this would be the perfect colors for my wardrobe.  I love it!!


I can't wait to see how this is going to look finished.  I can just visualize it worn over a black or fushia turtleneck sweater and a pair of black pants or long fitted skirt.  I think it will look stunning.

What are you kniting on this Friday the 13th?   Check out all the other projects OTN over at Judy's.


4 comments:

  1. Perhaps Linda is knitting it for you? It really is beautiful! You know me....NOTHING by hand for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shawl! Your dishcloth looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on your dishcloth.
    Wow!Linda's shawl is gorgeous. That is something I could never do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driving in to work this morning (hubby drives, I knit), I ripped out a baby afghan I had started because I discovered I had knitted a small hole in the middle of it. How in the heck did that happen? Will cast on and start again on the drive home tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.