Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stash Report and First 2013 QOV Finish

Since I started off the year adding to my stash, now I'm on a mission to reverse my stash numbers from being in the red to the black.  I did finish one of my ""Get It Done" items.  This QOV top was donated last year by Cindy L.  I put together a pieced backing and binding and hand finished it this week.  It's quilted on my longarm using the pattern called Alfresco.









                                    Pieced Back using left overs from the front and some from my stash.


  Detail of quilting 

 I also made a scrappy binding for another another QOV quilt, but still have the hand work on the back to finish.

My stash numbers are this week:
Fabric added - 0
Fabric used - 1 yard - for bindings.  Backing was already counted
Fabric YTD added - 18 yds
Fabric YTD used  - 1 yd
Net balance for year - 17 yards in the hole

To checkout other stash reports, jump on over to Patchwork Tiimes.

7 comments:

  1. When I saw your quilt, I said, "hey, I've seen that before." Yes, yes I did - at the Bits meeting Tuesday night while taking the minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the. Back. The colors are great.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girl! Perfect way to whittle down those yardages :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job at using up that stash! Backings and bindings are always fun to count as not only are you using Stash, but you're close to a finish, too. What sort of pattern did you use for the quilting? Was it free-hand or a panto? It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to already have a finish this year! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quilt! And thanks for visiting my blog. I will keep you in mind if I end up with another batch of blocks needing a good home :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! That backing is amzing too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.