Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sew Day

We had a sew day this week with my long time piecing group, Pieces of Friendship, and one of the gals brought a QOV top she made. I searched through my stash and found fabric to make a coordinating pillowcase to present with it. When we have our quilting bee next week, I'll turn it in to be hand quilted by the local QOV chapter.  Isn't this a striking quilt?  I think she did a great job with using only her scraps and stash.  Thanks so much Bernice for your generous gift for our service people who are sacrificing their lives to help preserve our freedoms.




















5 comments:

  1. I believe any service person would be delighted to receive this quilt. The eagle panes and colors used make me think of military. Your pillow case colors match perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did a nice job using her stash. And so did YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, indeed. Love the pillowcase, too. Yea, you used a yard of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job working together! I just love the quilt!!! That panel is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.