Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Stash and QOV Flimsy





This was a productive week for me.  I finished quilting the QOV quilt from last month and started hand stitching the binding down today while the snow was coming down.  It was so beautiful.  Lots of large, fluffy, wet snow clouds.


I searched through my stash and came up with the perfect binding fabric. This is not a good picture, but it's red, white and blue stripes.  I'll get a better picture when the the binding is finished.

Because I wanted to get my design wall cleared a little, I finished the Twin Sisters blocks and added sashings and cornerstones.  Now I have a small baby quilt top ready for quilting.  It measures 36" x 43" which is smaller than I normally make, but this was just an excuse to play with this block.  Thanks Sharon, it was fun and turned out real cute, I think.

On Wednesday, we presented 5 quilts to veterans who have served in Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan. Some brought their family to be a part of the presentation too. One young man (the 2nd picture) had served 3 tours and is now a recruiter for the Air Force in a city near St. Charles.  He was so honored by the gift of a quilt.  He had never heard of the Quilts of Valor organization, and could not believe we would make him one not even knowing him.  I missed getting a picture of one veteran.





I also took time to finish this QoV with the addition of a few borders to make it larger and made with a pillowcase and binding to match. It will now be ready for the group to hand quilt.  The center is an embroidery that we have used on Honor Flight quilts too. You can see it bigger if you click on the 2nd picture.

Home of the Free because of the Brave

Stash Report as of 3/11/18

Fabric bought - 0
Fabric received-  .25 yd. - won a fat qtr. at guild mtg.

Fabric used this week - 8.87 yds
Fabric used in 2018 - 21.495  yds

Linking up with
Quilt, Paint, Create
Slow Sunday Stitching
Life in Pieces
Design Wall Monday







13 comments:

  1. You’re doing great for your fabric usage! The QOVs are great and so is your baby quilt - love the colors in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week for you. I love striped binding. It adds something special to a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty quilt you are working on. Looks like you are ready for a quilting bee. My daughter in St. Charles texted to me a picture of the snow. She didn't caption it with a smiley face though. I think she is ready for spring. I enjoy looking at the snow though.

    I've never seen Quilts of Valor presented. I bet that is a moving experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these photos of vets receiving their QOVs! That RWB binding is perfect, and your baby quilt turned out super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts! It's good to see that the quilts make them smile. Congrats on all the progress in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great QoV's! Always moving to be at a presentation. Hope your quilt show goes well this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your QOV reports. What a fun surprise for the young man who'd never heard of the group. I really like your little teal baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are so beautiful! Thank you for your service to our veterans! Such special gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of yoru quilts of valor! They look like they were very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a wonderful feeling it must be to present these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure enjoy seeing your generosity, Dar! You make such lovely pieces, and give them away so willingly. And now you haven't posted for a couple month, so I hope that doesn't mean something serious. I miss our occasional chats. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by again to give you a nudge! Show us what you’ve been working on! (Hope you are well!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes & diabetes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure all diseases
    email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com Dr Itua can also bring back your ex lover and make him or she love more than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.