Sunday, February 26, 2017

Stash Report - 2/26/17

Still working away at finishing up more of the QOV tops from the Block Drive that needed borders, bindings and pillowcases to go with them before being quilted.  I cut and attached borders, made bindings and pillowcases for Nos.# 14 & 15. When possible, I tried to match the fabrics used for bindings or part of the pillowcases with the border if there was enough fabric left. I find that using only what is available from stash has made it a bit more challenging. Since the blocks are so scrappy, I wanted to have some consistency, if possible to pull it all together.  I hope the recipients won't be too critical of the color combinations.  Everyone that has worked on these has done so voluntarily and from their hearts.

2nd top pieced by Kim & Kevin
Pillowcase edge matches border
                               
Pillowcase edge, binding and border match
This top was pieced by Lou C.

I also added borders to two Honor Flight quilts, made a couple of blocks for our Scrap Club project and blocks for my block exchange group.  Pictures on those later.  When I needed a break from sewing, I cut pieces for more "scrappy snake blocks" for our next meeting of the Cave Quilters.  It's a good feeling to get things accomplished and all from my stash.

Hope you all had a good week playing in your fabrics, I sure did.  It helped me see that I need some more organizing of my stash, that's for sure.! lol

Stash Report -2/26/17

Fabric Added this week - none
YTD Added - 0.25

Fabric Used this week -  5.75 yards  - borders, bindings and pillowcases
YTD Used in 2017  - 34.87 yards

Linking up to Judy's. Stash Report.

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great looking projects in the works.
    Your stash numbers are in great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on using fabric. Your quilts look great. I'm hoping to do a QoV later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a lot of progress on the QOV quilts and pillowcases. Congrats on the positive use numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go Dar! You are one meticulous quilter! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete