Monday, September 26, 2016

Design Wall and Update on QOV Block Drive

Here it is officially Autumn and our temperatures are starting to feel appropriate for the season.  We are guaranteed a perfect fall week for the next 6 days--highs in low 70's and nights in 50-60's.  I'm ready, how about you?

Finally I have something to put up on my design wall thanks to some awesome quilters and friends.

These are just a few that I received this weekend, so now the fun starts-- playing around on the design wall with layouts.

These came from a Scrap Wrap Up Party I attended this weekend at Kevin The Quilter's home. His Scrap Club ladies brought lots of QOV blocks to start the drive off in style.  Here is what came in from 15 different quilters.  They really surprised me.  Well, there are definitely some major overachievers in this group-- Brenda K made- 38 blocks and is in the lead, Lou C. is a close second with 30 blocks and third is Carol P with 20 blocks. Thanks so much to each and everyone of you for participating in this drive. All of these blocks are appreciated and will be used to make quilts for our veterans which I know they will love.  Here's what I counted so far in addition to the three mentioned earlier.  Ree C-6; Clifdel-4; Linda E-2; Katie B-4;Sandy W-2; Sue B.-6; Diana-2; Barb S-10; and three who did not put their names on their stacks-10, 6 and 3.  If any of you turned your blocks in to Kelly at O Sew Personal please let me know how many and your name and I will fill in my chart.  Thank you all - You made my day!

There will be prizes awarded at the end of the drive for the most blocks donated (top 3 positions) and a second drawing for anyone making 4 or more blocks.  I am still lining up prizes, but will keep you posted as they come in.

If anyone did no see my original post, you can check it out HERE and thanks to Jan and Alycia, the step by step tutorial is HERE.   Any blocks for my drive can be sent to the address below.

QOV-Eastern MO BLOCK DRIVE 
2627 Bates Rd.
O'Fallon, MO 63368.  

Linking up with Patchwork Times to see more design walls before I get busy playing with blocks.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing I can see that those are very versatile blocks and can be put together in a variety of ways and a great way to use scraps
    can't wait to see what you do with them
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for quilters coming together for the common good!
    Thanks again to you and Hank for all of your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a 'double' fun time at Kevin's last weekend. Nice start to the block drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that "flying geese" arrangement of those blocks. I hope to get some time to make a few blocks in the next week or so. You and Kevin know some really productive quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to see so many blocks and so many quilters enthused about making them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.