Sunday, May 22, 2016

Fabric Report plus a Finished Top

I got my borders sewn on this week, so now I'm up-to-date with my fabric report for the year.

Here's the finished top.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out since it was all stash scraps and I used a bunch of my 2.5" squares.  Some of those squares were pretty funky prints (from Christmas, to bright frogs, mallard ducks, and other unexpected things, but they are gone from the stash  I can't really see that it made a dent in my 2.5" squares yet. I'm hoping my new leader and ender project for this year will use use a lot more.  Come back tomorrow to see what fun things are on my design wall. I stole the idea from a fellow blogger, whom you may know.


Fabric Report #21 - May 22, 2016 
Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 2 yards
Fabric Used this week- 1.5 yards - last border
Fabric Used YTD - 33.03  yards

I hope there is enough left to do the binding in the same color.  After washing and squaring it up, that 2 yards was a bit less.  I'll just have to wait and see what happens.  I love making reversible bindings, so that is always an option, depending on what I do for the backing.


I'm linking up with Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. Love the bright centers and neutral strings in the corners. I think I'll steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- I love the bright, happy colors in this top! So fun! Can't wait to see what's next on your design wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt. I had fun checking out everyone's fun fabrics for our Happily Scrappily Irish quilt class this past week. There was even tugboat fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finished flimsy! It's a bright and fun scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete