The next instruction was to put sashing strips and cornerstones between the blocks. Since this was all scrappy and from my stash, I choose my teals and browns.
Then I added a neutral border to bring them all together. This took some major piecing together of the left over 2.5" strips. Hopefully after it is quilted, no one will notice all the additional seams used to make some of the strips long enough. Here's a partial shot of the wall.
Now it just needs it's border. I couldn't believe in all my shelves, boxes, and cabinets that I didn't have a brown or teal fabric that would work. So I shopped all over at AQS in Paducah and only found one fabric that would work with these colors. So I bought all they had - 2 one yard pieces--not even a continuous 2 yards together!
I think it will work great with all the scrappy colors in the 9-patches. We are having a show and tell this week on all of our mysteries. I will show you the finished top after the borders are added, which means I need to wash fabric and get them added. I'd better get busy.
Fabric Added since last report - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 2 yards
Fabric Used - 5.38 yards - quilt without borders added or counted yet
Fabric Used YTD - 31.53 yards
I'm connecting up with Judy's Design Wall today. Check there for more eye candy.