Saturday, April 16, 2016

More Quilt Show Pics

Picking up from my first post on some of the pictures at our quilt show HERE, I've a few more to show you.

The first one is especially for my friend, Barb at 3 Cat Ranch.  She did this pattern with an added kitty in each block.

This was an A-team challenge, (A=applique).  We were to use a particular piece of yellow fabric and Judy used the yellow in the tails and face of the fish.  This was such a cute quilt. It had applique, pieced background and great quilting.  

Another project of the A-Team was to make children's quilts with pages from coloring books.  We each chose 1 or 2 pages and made blocks.  Then we had a sew day to piece them all together into tops. We made 7 or 8 and volunteers quilted, bound and labeled them.  This was one setting that we used and it was given to a charity for their fund raising event. Most of the applique was hand stitched, so we thought it a good fit for making more $$ for the charity than just a donation quilt to one child.

Another beautiful example of piecing.

Another group that  participate in is called Cover Our Kids and More (QOV). This was our display showing some of our quilts going to many different organizations around the St. Louis and St. Charles area.  The Marine Stack 'n Whack on the stand is one that I did.  That is folded in half to fit the stand, but really is sized for a veteran.


Can you see those little blocks that are above the curtains sitting in the bleachers?  Well, those are actually 4 ft. squares of barn quilts.  We had a quest speaker who gave a class on making the wood barn quilt blocks and we used this area to dress of the bleachers.

There are more, but I'm late to an appointment now, so I'll get back to this at a later time. 
  

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to learn how to make small barn quilts. What fun! I saw lots of kitty fabric on my trip, and thought of Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to see what you do with the sock odds and ends. I have many of them here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The campers is such a fun quilt, but I think Barbara's rainbow version is going to even better. I love that pin/purple quilt. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.