Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tax Day

Just got in under the wire for getting my taxes completed.  I'm sure glad that is done for another year. It's always a big relief when I take it to the post office and get it mailed.  Now on to more fun things.

First, I pieced 2 blocks for one of my friends in the Pieces of Friendship group.  She wanted Fall colors with darker half log cabins surrounding two sides of the block.  These will be added to many more in other Fall colors. I can't wait to see them all together.


Then, another pillowcase to add to the growing stack. I just counted and there are 41 to date. 


And last but not least, is this Quilts of Valor quilt top pieced by my friend Mary.  She was kind enough to also provide a pillowcase, backing and binding to go with it.  Whoohoo!!  I really like this pattern and she did such a beautiful job.  Thank you so much Mary.  It will be much appreciated by one of our veterans.



Now it's time for me to get busy finishing my QOV that I've put on the back burner temporarily.  The rows are together and hopefully, this week I can finish putting on the borders.  My stash report has become stagnant of late, so I need to get busy and start sewing and finishing up some more of my UFOs.  

Hope you all are having a good week.  The Spring temperatures are motivating me to get outside more, and that doesn't help my sewing goals, but Spring is my favorite time of the year, I think.




5 comments:

  1. Those blocks are beautiful. She is going to have a really pretty quilt. You must be trying to single-handedly provide a pillowcase for each child in that hospital. Wow!! You're right, that is a lovely QOV quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great QoV. What are you going to do with 41 pillowcases?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The maple leaf blocks are beautiful. I'd love to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those blocks! That is a wonderful QoV quilt that will brighten someone's day. I'm with you, spring is such a nice time to be out in the yard/garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing! Forty-one pillowcase! That's impressive. And the Quilts of Valor quilts, both of them are super. You're so giving. Now, I hope Uncle Sam gives back! We had to pay. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.