Next I decided to work on my Hermione's socks which started off looking real pretty in the cuff area, but when I started the textured pattern in the leg section, it looked way too big. I continued for another couple inches and it kept getting wider. I did swatches with 3 different sized dpns until I got to the smallest ones I own - US 0 (2.0mm) and it STILL was too big. I could not seem to get the gauge that was suggested in the pattern - 9sts/in. So I cut back on the number of cast on stitches and I'm going with that! These socks will fit SOMEONE if not me, but I'm not starting over again!! I've practically wore out the yarn from starting so many times. Here's where I am on my 4th attempt.
If any more knitting snafu's happen this week, OR anytime soon, I may have to put my knitting needles back in the drawer and not let them out until they decide to behave. I've tolerated about enough of this bad behavior from them. They need to be taught a lesson.
I'm linking up with Patchwork Times OTN. Check there to be inspired by more knitting ideas this week.