Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stash Report & Enhancements - Week 10

After being gone at a retreat this last week, I finally have a little change in the right direction in my stash numbers.  I made 3 more pillowcases, pieced a backing on my Winter Friendship Stars UFO, made progress on 2 more UFOs, and made 20 more string blocks.  But I have to confess, I was not all good.  Since we were near Hickory Stick Quilt Shop in Hannibal, MO (one of my favorite shops), I had to do a little enhancing too.  I brought home 4 yards of light background batiks, which are so hard to find, and they were on sale.  
So my stash report for this week, looks like this.
Fabric Added -   4 yards
Fabric Used -   10.5 yards
Fabric Added YTD - 38.7 yds.
Fabric Used YTD -   16 yds.
Net for 2013 - added more than used  - 22.7 yds

Here's the pillowcases.  1 for QOV, 2 for St.Louis Children's Hospital to add to my stack.  I'll take a picture of the pieced backing when I get it quilted - hopefully before the end of 2013!!

To see what others did for the week, go over to Judy's

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive week - cute cases! I know what you mean about those light batiks being hard to find. I really must enhance my neutral stash.

    Always heard great things about the shop in Hannibal. We've never been there but I think a summer wekend trip might be in order - the boys can do a Huck Finn cave tour and I can go to the quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good for you finding those light batiks on sale! They are SO hard to find! And getting very expensive too. Sounds like you got a lot done at retreat. I'm heading out for retreat myself tomorrow morning - whoohoo!!!! Have a great week :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally made my first pillowcase (for my son's girlfriend) It was fun. I'm thinking about making more now. QoV and the children in the hospital will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done! I'm jealous. Those UFO's will be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.