Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 16

Well here we are starting a new week.  They sure go fast, don't they?  My design wall is a little bit cleaner - notice I said a "little bit" not totally cleaned off!!  Those orphan blue and white blocks are still up there, but I finally got my left over half square triangle blocks put into some kind of order to fit on my Winter Friendship Stars.  Yipee!!  It's not perfect, but I used what I had (only have a few blocks left over)!





From this to this -------->



To this


Winter Friendship Stars
Now I need to get back to figuring out how to piece together those orphan blocks into a backing for the Blueberries and Cream top.  When those blocks get off my design wall, then it will be time to start a NEW project.  I'm tiring of my UFO's for the moment -- I have so many of them to do though!  Ugh.  Why do I let myself start so many new things and not get them finished in a timely manner.  I am going to turn over a new leaf -- maybe tomorrow.  Maybe not!  Anyway it's all fun and I've become a pretty good juggler in the process. (smile).

Check out Patchwork Times to see more design walls.


4 comments:

  1. UFOs will always be with us. This turned out great. You start things to learn something, or see something, or any similar reason. When we get to the point we like, we move on. It is a quilters' disease, no cure, so just do what you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your stripe border for the Stars. Nice to get it to the Flimsy stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That border looks really nice. Always looks better sewn than blocks on the floor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.