Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July, America

Today is a special occasion and I took the time to thank my lucky stars that I'm living in a country with so many freedoms.  Let's hope and pray that we can keep these freedoms for many years in the future.

In the spirit of celebrating the Red, White and Blue theme, I started off the day making a new recipe with fresh blueberries (from the market) and zucchini from my garden.  The red is the 2 red baking pans and the white is the counter they are sitting on.! :)  I know, it's a stretch  for the RWB theme. :)  The recipe can be found on my Recipe Tab under the header.  It was shared by Judy at Patchwork Times.

Next when I was at market in May, I picked up some little blue plastic grommets to use on decorating shirts and purses.  I went to Michael's yesterday and found T-shirts on sale for half price and the red iron-on stars.   Here's what I did on my white t-shirt.  

Now I'm getting ready for company to arrive.  Can't wait to sample the cake.  I hope it tastes as good as it smells. 


1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I can smell the deliciousness from here! And how clever to make yourself such a cute t-shirt for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.