Being relatively new to the blogging world, I was stunned to see that I have been awarded the prestigious Liebster Award by Teresa at A Quilt and a Prayer . I am thrilled and honored to be chosen by someone that is an inspiration and help to me in so many ways to get into the swing of blogging.
Not having heard of this award, I did a little research. and now I'm not only thrilled and delighted, but also a little intimidated -- I will try to live up to her expectations. Maybe this is what it feels like for ball players when they get called up from the minor league to try their hand in the majors. Thank you so much Teresa!! It's a delight to be one of your blog friends.
This is what I found out:
The Liebster is awarded to up-and-coming bloggers that deserve to be recognized, but have less than 200 followers. It takes it's name from the German word meaning "beloved, dearest or favorite". And of course, the Award comes with just a few "rules" which are:
1) Post about your win on your blog.
2) Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
3) Copy and Paste the award to your blog.
4) Present the award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers
5) Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
I have the first 3 covered . Step #4 is a bit more difficult. There are so many blogs that I read and enjoy, it's hard to only choose five. Since the spirit of this award is partially aimed at newer, less establishsed bloggers, here are my nominees for the Liebster Award.
1. Laura at Sewing Out of My Comfort Zone - If you like flower gardening, you will love Laura's photos of her flowers. They are so beautiful, they almost look artificial--like a photo from a seed catalog. Very inspiring and so beautiful. She also makes scrap quilts, which is one of my loves too and you should see her Pineapple Passion quilt.
2. Jennifer at Quilting Mom's Blog - Jennifer has lots of wonderful quilt projects and when she recently traveled to the IQF show in Cincinnati, she shared pictures. Her blog is always a delight to read and view. I usually am motivated to start a new project after reading her blog.
3. Susan at The Proficient Needler - Susan's blog is a feast for the eyes. She is a woman of many talents and posts pictures of interesting places as she travels between her two homes. I always learn something when I read her blog. She is an accomplished seamstress and prize winning quilter and stitches embroidered samplers that take more patience that I have.
4. Patti at Osage Bluff Quilter - Patti's blog is filled with family, activities around her home, baking, quilting and whatever is happening in her corner of the world. She writes in such a friendly way that you feel you've been friends for a long time -- and you've never even met her! I enjoy seeing what she's been up too lately. You'll get a chuckle out of her "lawn ornament" that was just removed from her lawn. Check it out on her video.
5. Julie Kaye at Happy To Be Scrappy - Julie's blog is filled with lots of quilt pictures and how she decorates with them. She has just finished a scrappy quilt that is just perfect for the location she choice to display it on.
Since I'm in charge of the microphone --- I would also like add 2 more to my list. My two good friends who have been very supportive in my quilting and blogging adventures. They are more "established" bloggers, and were my first 2 followers.
Barb at Barbs Cats and Quilts - Barb is a feline foster mom to lots of kitties and an wonderful quilter. Her blog is filled with pictures of cats and quilts, hence her blog name.
Sandy at Sew...This is My Blog - Sandy is an award winning quilter and shares family pictures and adventures, and lots of quilts she has made for her friends and family.
Now I am passing the microphone on to these nominees and it's their turn to play it forward.