Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Finish and Stash Report

The last week of October found me at a retreat in Illinois at Kinderhook Lodge.  It was so much fun and I even made progress on some of my UFO's.  Celtic Solstice only needs one more border.  I had to wait until I got home to decide on a color for the last border.  It will all depend on what's available in the stash.

Celtic Solstice - Bonnie Hunter 2013 Mystery quilt
I also worked on some very old orphan blocks maybe for a baby quilt, but it needs more borders too.

Since Halloween fell during retreat, we had unexpected treats waiting for us on Tuesday morning.  Two of the ladies planned this little surprise.  A mug rug from Ree and all kinds of "spooky" items in the black pail from Jeanne.  The black pot had a skeleton bone = stiletto, a mini ghost seam ripper, ghostly candies on a necklace and other candy treats to enjoy.  Jeanne even dressed up as the Grim Seam Ripper. 
One night we played Halloween Bingo, which I've never heard of before. I was a lucky winner of one of the games and my prize was Beelzebub's Witch's Brew (Mary Ellen's Best Press). Have you ever seen this before?   Too cute.  I have never seen Best Press packaged for special occasions, but leave it to Jeanne to find it if it's out there!!


Another clever idea from our resident Party Planner was this  Witch's Hand.  Do you see a pattern here??


They said they were "giving me a hand" for organizing this retreat.  I sure hope that was the real reason and not because they think I'm a witch.!! This was popcorn in a plastic glove with candy corn for fingernails.  And of course a witch would be sporting a spider ring. 

Now do you understand why I didn't get a whole lot done.!lol   But we had Fun, Fun Fun.  We played Left, Right, Center for Fat Qtrs, after dinner a couple nights and Jeanne was the winner of all the batiks for both nights.  She should have enough Fall colored fat quarters to make a nice size quilt.  We will be expecting to see that quilt by next year's retreat.! 

To bring my Stash numbers up-to-date:
Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Used - 16.50 yds -(Celtic Solstice top & pieced  a back for it). Hope to quilt it by next week.
Fabric Used Year to date - 135.43 yds.


Linking up with QuiltPaintCreate.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really fun retreat. Very creative goodies. The top looks great. You'll finish just in time to start the next mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about finishing in time for the next mystery. Thanks for leaving a comment. I tried to reply to your comment directly, but it said 'noreplyer'.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Your Celtic Solstice looks great. Congrats on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was fun, wasn't it? Your accomplishments are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on completing your Celtic Solstice... just in time for this year's Bonnie Hunter mystery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like lots of fun was had by all. I love your witchy gifts and winnings. Congrats on getting Celtic Solstice to the finished flimsy state. Finishing up any of Bonnie's mystery is cause for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s always fun to retreat with friends, and looks like even more fun over Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun - loved all the Hallowe'en goodies (especially the "Grim Seam Ripper")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.