Sunday, March 5, 2017

Stash Report and a Finish

This week found me in my sewing room at least 4 or 5 hours every day.  I was able to finish up the quilting on this chevron quilt. It is big at 94" x 112".  I did a simple echo of the design with matching thread colors.  This proved to be a bit slow  because I had to change and rethread after every three passes, but I didn't want an overall and I couldn't decide what color thread would not distract from the design.  I'm happy with it and the recipient, a young teenager hopefully will like it.
 



I also did a fair amount of busting the stash.  I made 5 pillowcases and 5 bindings to go with the already complete QOV tops.  This helped to lighten the weight on the shelves but I really can't see any difference in the height of the stacks. But it does give my numbers a big boost ! lol



I also added a border to Ann's pieced top.  Here it is with a border.



Stash Report - 3-5-17

Fabric Added this week - none
YTD Added - 0.25

Fabric Used this week -  14.5 yards  - more borders, bindings and pillowcases
YTD Used in 2017  - 49.37 yards


3 comments:

  1. Wow, your chevron quilt is great, and what awesome numbers for your stash report - if you keep this up, you'll be near 300 yards for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chevron quilt is gorgeous. It's perfect for a teenager. Congrats on all the stash usage. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chevron quilt is gorgeous! Love the way you decided to quilt it with matching thread. Your quilt top is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.