Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Finished Top and Stash Report

This was a very busy week with tax preparations, QoV quilting day, several quilt meetings and Springtime garden cleanup. But here it is Sunday and I'm still kicking.!  I'm happy with all the chores I finished even though not all of them involved sewing and quilting. I did finished the top for our rail fence challenge project for Kevin's Scrap Club.  This is a very simple pattern (from the free patterns at www.maryquilts.com) and I used mostly what I already had cut in my string drawers.  That was the motivation why I chose to use this pattern. The stars at the top are orphan blocks leftover from a project about 4 years ago.  I was so glad to get them out of the drawer and into another quilt. The rest of the stars will find their way to the back of the quilt and they will be all gone. yay.  This coming week I hope to find time to work on piecing a backing and getting it quilted.  We'll see how that goes.

2017 Rail Fence Challenge - 60" x 78"
I will be donating this as a finished quilt to our local QOV Eastern Missouri group.

I'm still working toward hitting my goal this year of 200 yards used from my stash.  So a little over 5 1/2 yards used for this top.!

Stash Report

No Fabric Added this week  
YTD Added - 0.25

Fabric Used this week =  5.62 yards  
YTD Used in 2017 =  65.55 yards  

I'm linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times,

9 comments:

  1. What a fun combination! The stars really look like they were meant for that quilt. Congrats on finding a home for all the scraps and the orphan blocks. You are moving right along on those stash numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the rail fence quilt turned out. Glad I don't keep track of my stash, or, after yesterday, I'd be in big trouble. Lots more comes in than goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top and you're making great progress towards your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu accomplished a lot yesterday! The top is pretty with those stars on top. Makes it special. And congratulations on your yardage for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those stars across the QOV! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness...your days are awfully busy! Thankfully, that tax thing only rolls around once a year! Your other activities seem to be much more fun! Those stars are a great addition to the rail fence quilt. Good call! And as for reaching 200 yards, I'm thinking you'll surpass that before the summer's over. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.