Saturday, June 11, 2016

Catching Up and Fabric Report


     

It's been a few weeks since I've posted but I finally have a little movement in the stash numbers to report.  This week I got around to quilting another baby quilt.

This is the last of 4 of the baby quilts that I made from my Leader/Ender last year.  I pulled squares from the 2.5" drawer for the pastel 9-patch blocks.



My free motion is not as good as I'd like it to be, but hopefully a baby won't mind that they are all not perfectly proportioned.  Just the binding to go and it will be done.


Fabric Report #24
Fabric Added this week - 0
Fabric Added YTD - 2 yards
Fabric Used this week- 3.33 yds 
Fabric Used in 2016 YTD - 36.36  yards

On the knitting front, I finished the Drops Fabel socks.  These were started at the end of January! Why it took so long, I can't say other than I've been busy with other things, I guess.


Now, I get to play with all those luscious scrappy leftover sock yarns from Carol at The Polka Dot Chicken.

 

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times




13 comments:

  1. I like the quilting on the baby quilt. Nice socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nine patch quilts and I'm sure a baby would love yours. Great socks, the vibrant color will be fun to wear. Sock knitting is rather addictive....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt, and the quilting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting and your socks look great! I look forward to seeing what you make with all the yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always nice to get something in the used column. Leader/Ender projects always seem like a free quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good use of scraps in the quilt. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do love a good scrap quilt and soon will be trying some scrappy socks, thanks to a generous blog reader. Can't wait to see them take shape.
      P.S. You came up as a no reply comment blogger, just in case you didn't know.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful baby quilt! The quilting looks great. Congrats on both finishes. What plan do you have the scrap yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the baby quilt, and I reallt like how you quilted it. It added so much texture to it. Just keep practicing, and you'll be perfectly proportional in no time. (At least that's what I've heard...😀)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute baby quilt, and I WISH my machine quilting looked as good as yours does!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL...we all either need to find a way to quilt and knit in our sleep or add more hours to the day in order to get all of our projects done.
    That is a darling baby quilt - I've never seen a 9-patch quilt I didn't like and I'm betting the baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are all of those curves from the quilting?! I can't get over how gorgeous that looks. And I'm pretty sure you've made up my mind which skeins of Fabel I'm casting on with next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and the quilting looks great!! No baby will cry over a few funny curves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.