Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finished UFO #3 and Fabric Report - Mar. 8, 2015

Here are my numbers for the week and pictures of what I finished.  I'm still on track with finishing a UFO each month, but this may not last much longer.  After all, Spring is here, and we know what that means -- lots of time spent playing outdoors.  

Numbers for Week 10
Fabric Added - 0
Fabric Used this week- 0.875 yd - a binding and  2 blocks 
Fabric Added YTD - 0
Fabric Used YTD - 26.59yds
Net used in 2015 - 26.59 yds

Here's my finished UFO#3. This quilt was started with my piecing group in December, 2012.  I had a bolt of funky tulips that I wanted to use and get out of my stash.  So, this Disappearing 9-patch quilt was started.  I'm calling it Retro Tulips because of the backing fabric.

Here's the backing fabric that started it all.  Still have one side to bind. I'll be working on this today. 


This quilt initially started with a huge 9-patch block using the tulip fabric in the center.  I gave a square of this fabric to each of my piecing group to make a BIG 9-patch with the tulips in the middle and adding their own reds, whites and greens (18+inches). After getting them back, I cut them horizontally and vertically through the middle to end up with 4 smaller blocks that were automatically bordered on 2 sides with 2 white rectangles and 1 cornerstone. This is only one possible arrangement of many depending on how you cut your original 9-patch.

Blocks for Barb P.

To catch up on other Stash reports, check them out at Judy's Patchwork Times.




10 comments:

  1. I love tulip fabrics! I used to collect them, and 3 quilts later, stil have way too much. Great usage this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of that fabric. I love the 9-patch - its so versatile and it made a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of that fabric. I love the 9-patch - its so versatile and it made a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash busting so far! Congrats on the UFO finish. It's a fun quilt, with a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your UFO finish, and so early in the month too! You are doing so well on your stash busting too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use a fabric! Your numbers are looking good too! I like the disappearing nine patch set that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so great on getting the UFO's done. Yay!!! Stash report is looking good, too. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Dar! You WILL keep up with your UFO per month because I am going to make sure you do! That's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.