Numbers for Week 10
Fabric Added - 0
Fabric Used this week- 0.875 yd - a binding and 2 blocks
Fabric Added YTD - 0
Fabric Used YTD - 26.59yds
Net used in 2015 - 26.59 yds
Here's my finished UFO#3. This quilt was started with my piecing group in December, 2012. I had a bolt of funky tulips that I wanted to use and get out of my stash. So, this Disappearing 9-patch quilt was started. I'm calling it Retro Tulips because of the backing fabric.
Here's the backing fabric that started it all. Still have one side to bind. I'll be working on this today.
This quilt initially started with a huge 9-patch block using the tulip fabric in the center. I gave a square of this fabric to each of my piecing group to make a BIG 9-patch with the tulips in the middle and adding their own reds, whites and greens (18+inches). After getting them back, I cut them horizontally and vertically through the middle to end up with 4 smaller blocks that were automatically bordered on 2 sides with 2 white rectangles and 1 cornerstone. This is only one possible arrangement of many depending on how you cut your original 9-patch.
|Blocks for Barb P.|