Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fabric Stash Report - Mar. 15, 2015

I used up a little more stash this week making pillowcases and cutting out star blocks for the Stripes and Star quilt.
3 more - dragon pillowcases
One of these was made for me by Coleen-- Thanks so much Coleen for adding that bright orange to your case. That's one more I don't have to do.  It's getting a little boring doing so many of the same print.  So far, the total is 25 of the dragon pillowcases and 16 of various other prints.  There are still 30 more dragons living in the sewing room. I wonder if they are reproducing and I don't know it! :)   

Patriotic Ohio Stars 
Here are a few of the Ohio stars.  Actually there are 5 finished and 4 cut out and ready to go later today.

Week #11
Fabric Added - 0
Fabric Used this week- 5.16 yds 
Fabric Added YTD - 0
Fabric Used YTD - 31.75 yds
Net used in 2015 - 31.75 yds

I'm pretty proud of myself for not adding to my stash.  I really can't see any difference in my shelves though.  It's like they say, who will notice if you remove a gallon of water from a lake.  I fear there are many more gallons of fabrics in my stash before I'll see any difference too. 

Stop by Judy's to see more fabric reports this week.  


5 comments:

  1. I am impressed by your willpower to not add to your "lake!" I am still enjoying filling my lake occasionally. Let me know if I can help with the pillowcases anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. I did 100 pillowcases last year and didn't see a difference in this lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so great! It's a challenge isn't it? I know you will be glad to be done with that dragon fabric, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so well! I know what you mean about not seeing any difference in the stash but in my case, the reason is because I keep adding to it. I'm bailing out of the boat on one side and dipping out of the ocean on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your lake analogy. How big is your lake do you think? Mine has to be at least as big as a couple of the Great Lakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.