Monday, March 23, 2015

Design Wall and Stash Report-#12

Oops!  Is it really Monday already?  What happened to Saturday and Sunday?  I swear my calendar didn't have them on there last week.  I remember Friday and then it was today.  The weekend was a blur.  Yes, you are right, my eyes need checking and I did take care of that.  Now they are really blurred with a new prescription that seems a bit too strong. The computer, TV and road signs are not clear at all.

Well, I did do some sewing BEFORE my eyes got blurred.  More pillowcases, but not the dragon ones this time--watermelons.

Another 2 yards out of my stash!  And none bought in 2015.

I also spent a little time working on my Stripes and Stars QOV quilt.  All the Ohio Stars are finished and only a few log cabin blocks to go. Soon they will be ready to be put into rows.  Here is a shot of my Design Wall when I first started this project.  Disregard those stack and whack blocks vying for attention.  It's been 7 years or more since these were started.  I think that is long enough to procrastinate, don't you?  They really are starting to bug me, but that's all the fabric there is so I was stumped as to how to use them. Maybe a baby quilt with an alternate block?.  


Week #12 Stash
Fabric Added - 0
Fabric Used this week- 7.16 yds 
Fabric Added YTD - 0
Fabric Used YTD - 33.75 yds
Net used in 2015 - 33.75 yds

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall. If you haven't checked out, you should.  Lots of eye candy there.






9 comments:

  1. Whatever fabric you used for your Stack n Whack blocks certainly gave you a good variation of blocks! I still make one from time to time, when I find a fabric that calls for stack n whacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... I can't disregard the SNW blocks... love them! What if you set them on point ... one on top, then two blocks, then one block, then two more and then the last one.. that makes 7! Float those babies and you'd have a nice size quilt. ( hope that made sense) happy stitching-

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watermelon fabric is the cutest! I bet that was a nice change after all those dragons. I could see those stack and whack blocks in a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great numbers, Dar! And I love the bright colors in your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stash busting is going really well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those happy pillowcases

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is you slept through Sat and Sun! LOL JK Loving the Strips and Stars QOV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at your awesome numbers! Glad to see that you're having some fun with other pillowcase fabric and some great blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.