Sunday, October 6, 2013

Stash Report - Week 40 and Much More

My stash has changed very little since last reported.  Really nothing bought and a little used for my block exchange and gifted a little to a friend for binding.
Fabric Added  - 0 yards
Fabric Added YTD - 84.95 yds
Fabric Used last week - .875 yds 
Fabric Used YTD - 86.11 yds
Fabric Busted for 2013 - 1.16 


More interesting is my stash enhancement from a couple of weeks ago. Remember those 11 yards I mentioned adding to my stash, here's some of what I got.  Keep in mind, most of these were on sale. I'm trying to rationalize my purchases - lol - but fabric doesn't have an expiration date and when the fads or color trends change over the years, scrap quilts really come into their own and sing with the variety of "old and new" fabrics. Since I'm a big scrap quilt fan, I want to be prepared for the future. So, take a peek at some eye candy.
Macaron Bali Pops by Hoffman

Winter themed batiks
These have winter mittens, snowmen, holly leaves and snow flakes.

Stonehenge panel by Northcott
I added a few FQ and yardage in case it becomes a tablerunner in a future life.

La Scala by Robert Kaufman
This Kaufman panel has the cutest selvages.  I'm not sure what I will do with the panel, but I couldn't pass up those unique selvages and it was on sale to boot!


more Fall batiks

Harvest by Timeless Treasures

Ambrosia by Jinny Beyer

 "Autumn Harvest" by Jason Yenter
These beautiful fall fat quarters and yardage are from In The Beginning fabrics.  I'm planning a tablerunner from "Simply Modern Christmas" by Cindy Lammon.  This is her newly released book and her 4th from AQS.  The tablerunner is called Simply Simple and it looks real easy and quick.  Cindy is a friend and neighbor and does beautiful work and her patterns are very well written and easy to follow. The Fall tablerunner is my NewFO for the month.

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for my stash report and Barb for New FO.
Take a look and see what others have been doing this week.


7 comments:

  1. Lots of gorgeous fabrics, though the winter themed batiks are my favorite. I agree that fabric doesn't have an expiration date so when you can get it on sale it really makes sense to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are planning for the future! Do you think I can use that excuse for my expanding hoard? Love those Stonehenge fabrics, I must keep my eye open for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! All I can say is Y-U-M! Can't wait to see that table topper from Cindy's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooo....bali pops are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that print from Autumn Harvest is to die for! Where can I get some? I've never know you to go so crazy with buying fabric. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool that Cindy is your friend and neighbor. My friend, Carla, is making the Christmas tree skirt from that book, and will be blogging about it. Technology makes our quilting world small, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.