Friday, November 23, 2012

On and Off The Needles

Happy day after Thanksgiving Day.  I hope all my blogger friends had a good day with family and friends.  I know I did, but as usual, ate way too much.  Now I feel like the overstuffed 'turkey'.

On the knitting front, not too much was accomplished.  Here is my first "On/Off the Needles" post.  It has taken me way too long to finish this scarf because I dropped a few stitches and had to have a friend fix it, which meant unraveling it back to almost 4 inches to finally get it fixed.


It was made for a friend who was moving away and she also loves purple.  Now I'm getting ready to start another one for a Christmas present and I'm trying a circular needle for this one.  I understand that it is way easier than on long, straight, slippery needles.  I sure hope so, because there is not much time left to get a few more done for gifts.
Better get going.  Lots to do before the day is over.  I'm linking up with Judy, so drop by and see other knitting projects.  







10 comments:

  1. Those scarfs are sew cute! I haven't a clue how to knit or crochet. I'll stick with quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scarf Dar!!! It was worth the effort ;-) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these lovely scarves before, your gift recipients will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty. Glad you were able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those scarves. Maybe next year.....if I start early.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruffled scarves are fun, aren't they? I like the color of yours. Have you seen the fabric "yarn" by Circulo? That is really fun to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarf - I need to try to knit one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dar, I love that yarn, where did you get it?? They make lovely gifts, don't they?!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now trying to do a scarf like this. Also had trouble with stitches slipping off the needles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A solution for me was switching to plastic circular needles, or bamboo ones. They don't slide as much as the metal ones.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit. It makes my day to get mail - either online or in the old fashion mailbox! Some habits you never outgrow.